Migration (LIN 19/219: Occupations for Subclass 494 Visas) Instrument 2019, as amended by Migration Legislation Amendment (Health Workforce Certificates Measures No. 2) Instrument (LIN 20/274) 2020 dated 19 November 2020 to modify the definition of Health Workforce Certificate, was compiled and registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 24 December 2020.
The amendment specified that Health Workforce Certificate is a document that is described as a health workforce certificate and is issued by a health workforce certifier. For this purpose, health workforce certifier are as follows:
- Specified persons in the Department
- General Practice Workforce Inc
- Health Network Northern Territory Ltd
- Health Workforce Queensland Ltd
- NSW Rural Doctors Network Ltd
- Rural Doctors Workforce Agency Incorporated
- Rural Health West Ltd
- Rural Workforce Agency, Victoria Limited
The amendment also lists occupations that are exempt from this requirement and they are General Practitioner, Resident Medical Officer and Medical Practitioners (nec).
The compilation is in effect from 16 December 2020 and thus, is currently in force.
To access the full compilation, click here.