1. If my client is from US, does he need a visa to come to Australia?
Yes, every person who is not an Australian citizen must have a valid visa to enter
2. Is it possible to apply for a Visitor Visa online?
Depending on the country of your passport, your client may have to lodge Visitor
Visa application online only. Most Visitor Visa applications are lodged online unless
your client is required to submit offline application to the nearest embassy.
3. If my client is in Australia already, can he extend his stay by applying for another Visitor Visa?
It is possible to extend your client’s stay in Australia by applying for another visa.
However, it would depend on his situation such as total duration of stay in Australia,
current visa conditions on his current visa etc. if he is eligible to do so.
4. Does my client need a visa label in his passport to travel to Australia?
No. Visa is electronically linked to all passports.
5.Can my client bring his girlfriend from overseas on a Visitor Visa?
Yes, depending on the country of his girlfriend’s passport, he may be able to lodge a
Visitor Visa application online. However, in specific situations, such as when he has
already lodged an application for De-facto Spouse visa, he may not able to so.
6. Is it mandatory that my client’s passport has 6 months validity before he travels to Australia?
While it is not mandatory, the Australian Government advises that passport should be
valid for at least 6 months before he enters Australia. He must have a valid passport at
the time he enters Australia. However, his airline or other countries that he may be
transiting through may require at least 6 months validity of his passport. Please check
before he plans his travel.
7. Can my client correct details if he has made a mistake while applying for E- Visitor visa?
No, once your client has entered your details, his application is automatically under
process. To change his details, he will have to lodge another visa application and
make the payment of the visa fees again.
8. If my client has been issued a new passport, will E-Visitor visa be automatically linked?
No. E-Visitor visa is attached only to his old passport and thus, he will have to lodge
another visa application with new passport details. Electronic visas are not
transferable between passports.
9. Can my client work in Australia on visitor visas?
No. However, he may be able to do some volunteering work.
10. Can my client enter Australia after turning 31 (36 for Canadian, French and Irish citizens) if he has applied for Working Holiday Visa before turning 31 (36 for Canadian, French and Irish citizens)?
Yes, age eligibility is required for lodgement of visa application only. Your
client is allowed to travel to Australia at any time before the expiry of his visa
which is 12 months from the date of grant of visa.