The Department of Home Affairs offers Status Resolution Service (SRS) to help people who need assistance in resolving their immigration status. This assistance is only supplementary to the material that is already available on the Department’s website.
Usually, a Status Resolution Officer may tell you the rules and what is generally required to obtain a visa but not guide you step by step in terms of what needs to be done to fulfil the
visa criteria. A Status Resolution Officer may be able to assist in:
- addressing any concerns preventing your case resolution;
- providing clear information (information only not migration advice) about your migration pathway or options to leave Australia; and
- connecting you with the Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS) to provide you with temporary needs-based support or the Return and Reintegration Assistance Program service providers to explore your options to leave Australia.
Please know, that the Officer may only help you with the general questions and if there is any problem with your application. If you are looking for migration advice, eligibility advice or step by step guidance for your visa application and procedure, it is highly advisable to contact a Registered Migration Agent.
Status Resolution Support Services Program
The Status Resolution Support Services program provides approved persons with temporary support if you are unable to support yourself while resolving your immigration status including financial, accommodation, access to health care, access to education for school aged children, case worker support, and case management. They focus on status resolution either through staying in Australia with substantive visa or leaving Australia.
The Department delivers SRSS through contracted service providers which may differ from State to State. For example, in New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory SRSS is provided by Life Without Barriers and Settlement Services International.
Return and Reintegration Assistance Program
The Return and Reintegration Assistance Program service is provided by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and Homeward Return Program to assist you in returning home if you are living in Australia on a bridging visa, a temporary visa, without a valid visa or if your visa has expired.
This service may assist by:
- providing counselling and information to leave Australia;
- arranging any travel documents, including passports;
- helping book your travel return tickets; and
- arranging support upon your arrival in your home country in form of reintegration assistance, if eligible, including finding work, accessing skills training and education, starting a small business, and/ or finding rental and accommodation assistance.
If you are seeking migration advice and step by step guidance for a visa application, visa expiry or visa extension to stay in Australia, Contact Us today or call us on (02) 4626 100 to speak to one of best migration agents in Sydney who can help you stay lawfully in Australia or leave lawfully from Australia.