VETASSESS is offering a free employability assessment to assist onshore migrants holding permanent visas working below their skill level although they have had a skills assessment in a priority occupation, to gain work according to their skill level.
This program is to help people already living in Australia on an eligible permanent visa subclass and working below their skill level, by providing them an Employability Assessment and access to subsidised training.
As many skilled migrants are working in jobs below their level of qualifications and experience, the free employability assessment will identify gaps in areas such as literacy, digital skills and communication skills. The free employability assessment will help identify if some extra training could help such onshore migrant to gain employment in their field. In addition, a referral to a training organisation is also included in this offer to help the migrant gain the extra skills and the Australian Government will pay most of the cost for the training.
VETASSESS, will offer this service if the migrant has a successful VETASSESS skills assessment from 1 January 2012 in one of these occupations:
|Program or Project Administrator
|Gymnastics Coach or Instructor
|Hair or Beauty Salon Manager
|Quality Assurance Manager
|Civil Engineering Technician
|Health Diagnostic and Promotion Professionals nec
|Retail Manager (General)
|Civil Engineering Draftsperson
|Hotel or Motel Manager
|Research and Development Manager
|Sales Representative (Industrial Products)
|Construction Project Manager
|Swimming Coach or Instructor
|Urban and Regional Planner
|Corporate Services Manager
|Licensed Club Manager
|Vocational Teacher (non-trades)
|Metallurgical or Materials Technician
Eligibility for VETASSESS – Free employability assessments
- Must have a successful skills assessment in a priority occupation from VETASSESS on or after 1 January 2019 and have held it for a minimum of 12 months.
- Must be employed in an occupation below their skill level at the time of submitting the application form.
- Must have worked a minimum of 40 hours per fortnight within the last month.
- Must be living in Australia at the time of application.
- Must be eligible permanent visa holders.
- Must not be registered as a job seeker or have an active referral with Workforce Australia, Disability Employment Services or the Community Development Program.
- Must not have previously completed or withdrawn from a Pilot 3 – Employability Assessment.