VETASSESS has introduced changes to trade occupations, new information sheets for professional and general occupations, and also distributing badges for marketing occupations.
i. Trade occupation update
All successful applicants under the occupation of Bricklayer applying for a Pathway 1 skill assessment will receive a new qualification, CPC33020 Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying, ensuring that the applicants have the latest qualification for their trade.
Trades Recognition Australia has laid down new requirements for Pathway 2 applicants in licensed trades:
- Applicants holding an Australian VET qualification need to demonstrate at least 12 months of full-time (or equivalent part-time) paid employment in their nominated occupation. The employment must have been completed in Australia in the three years prior to lodging the application.
- Applicants holding a current identified Australian occupational license (not subject to restrictions) must demonstrate 12 months full-time (or equivalent part-time) paid employment in the nominated occupation that has been completed in Australia or New Zealand in the three years prior to lodging the application.
From 1 November onwards, these changes will be applicable for all new skills assessment applications lodged.
ii. Professional occupations update
VETASSESS has new and updated information sheets for professional occupations. To access the list, click here.
iii. Digital badges for marketing occupations
VETASSESS is now issuing digital badges to clients who receive a successful application in any of the three occupations:
- Advertising Specialist (ANZSCO 225111)
- Market Research Analyst (ANZSCO 225112)
- Marketing Specialist (ANZSCO 225113)
These badges entitle them to a free one-year Professional International Membership to the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI).