The Department is currently experiencing a significant increase in Temporary Graduate visa applications and is focused on managing the biggest peak for this program.
The Department can make a decision on a Temporary Graduate visa application with the information provided without requesting further documentation. It is important to remember there are stringent time of application documentation that must be provided when lodging a GWS application.
Temporary Graduate visa applicants must provide evidence of:
- Meeting the Australian Study Requirement (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa- listing/temporary-graduate-485/australian-study-requirement);
- Undertaking an eligible English language test in the three years prior to lodgement or hold an eligible passport;
- Applying for an Australian Federal Police check during the 12 months immediately before the day the application is made. This requirement also applies to any dependant applicant included in the application who are over the age of 16;
- Adequate health insurance for all applicants; and
- Applying for a skills assessment for their nominated occupation with the relevant assessing authority.
The Departmental website provides information about the program, including statistics, visa requirements, and average global processing times. See: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a- visa/visa-listing/temporary-graduate-485Follow Us: