Skilled & Business Migration Program, in order to ensure the nomination of highly skilled applicants who can best contribute to South Australia’s economic prosperity and to overcome the workforce shortage, has taken several measures including prioritising the assessment of certain visa applications.
The measures taken by the program includes:
- Prioritising the assessment of
- Subclass 190 applications.
- Subclass 485 applications, expiry date within 2021-22 program year.
- Highly skilled onshore applicants with demonstrable work experience who are working full-time in their nominated occupation for a South Australian employer
- Encouraging applicants seeking a subclass 491 nomination to submit Registration of Interest (ROI) applications for consideration, through Talent & Innovators Program.
Under the Skilled Migration Program for 2021-22, South Australia is close to meeting its quota of 491 visas of its GSM state nomination and also it is expected that the demand for state nomination will exceed the annual allotment of nomination places. The South Australian Government has requested the allocation of additional places under the state nomination program from the Department of Home Affairs. In case the additional places are granted, further information regarding nomination eligibility will be provided.
To submit an online enquiry regarding the GSM program, click here.