Migration (Regional Areas) Instrument (LIN 20/292) 2020 dated 15 December 2020 [“the Instrument”] specifies parts of Australia to be regional areas for the purposes of subregulation 1.15M(1) and (2) of the Migration Regulations 1994 in table 1 and table 2 of Schedule 1 to the Instrument, respectively.
The Instrument applies to specified nominations, approval of nominations, visa applications & grants, and assessments under section 93 of the Migration Act 1958. The following visa subclasses are covered within the scope of the Instrument:
- Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190)
- Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (Subclass 888)
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (Subclass 892)
The Instrument applies to applications made and visas granted on or after 20 January 2021.
To access the full Instrument, click here.