Migration (Daily Maintenance Amount for Persons in Detention) Determination Instrument (LIN 20/037) 2020 dated 21 October 2020 [“the Instrument”] determines the daily amount for the keeping and maintaining of a person in immigration detention at specified places for the specified period, in accordance with sub-section 262(2) of the Migration Act 1958 (Cth).
The Instrument is registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 26 Oct 2020 and has commenced on the day after registration, i.e. 27 October 2020. Accordingly, the daily maintenance amount of AUD $456.23, which has been brought down from
previous amount of AUD $489.11, is specified for the period from the commencement date of the instrument until 30 June 2022.
The places specified in the Instrument include the following detention centres and all other places as approved by the Minister in writing:
- North West Point Immigration Detention Centre (Christmas Island, WA)
- Perth Immigration Detention Centre (Redcliffe, WA)
- Villawood Immigration Detention Centre (Villawood, NSW)
- Yongah Hill Immigration Detention Centre (Northam, WA)
- Adelaide Immigration Transit Accommodation (Kilburn, S;
- Brisbane Immigration Transit Accommodation (Pinkenba, QLD)
- Melbourne Immigration Transit Accommodation (Broadmeadows, VIC)
To access the full Instrument, click here.