Migration (Class of persons for Visitor (Class FA) visa nil VAC) Instrument (LIN 21/021) 2021 dated 24 February 2021[“the Instrument”] amends Schedule 1 criteria for Subclass 600 visitor visa applicants and specifies class of persons to whom nil Visa Application Charge (VAC) is applicable.
The Instrument specifies the following conditions for nil VAC for purpose of subparagraph 1236(2)(a)(iv) of Schedule 1 of the Migration Regulations 1994:
- the applicant is outside Australia at the time of application; and
- the application is made between 27 February 2021 and 31 December 2022; and
- the applicant was previously granted a Subclass 600 visa, while outside Australia before 21 March 2020 (except Frequent Traveller stream); and
- that visa expired, or is expiring between 20 March 2020 and 31 December 2021; and
- that visa was a multiple entry visa or a single entry visa not used to enter Australia; and
- if the applicant has made a previous application that is pending decision, after the commencement of this Instrument.
The Instrument is registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 25 February 2021, commenced on 27 February 2021 and is currently in force.
To access the full Instrument, click here.