Migration (Arrangements for visa applications) Amendment Instrument (LIN 22/059) 2022, dated 3 June 2022, amends two instruments, IMMI 18/076: Arrangements for Other Family Visa Applications and New Zealand (Family Relationship) Visa Applications 2018 and IMMI 18/089: Arrangements for Other Visas 2018 to remove the option for courier lodgement of applications to the Lee St address, due to the relocation of the Department of Home Affairs Lee St Sydney office to Parramatta.
The instrument removes options for applicants to make an application for a Class AK visa or a Class UP visa by courier service delivery to the office of the Department of Home Affairs located at 26 Lee Street in Sydney, New South Wales. The instrument does not make changes to the arrangements for making applications for other classes of visa specified in IMMI 18/076 and IMMI 18/089.
- The applications for Confirmatory (Residence) (Class AK) visa must not be made when the applicant is in immigration clearance and must only be made by post to:
- Norfolk Island Visa Application, Department of Home Affairs, GPO Box 9984, SYDNEY NSW 2001.
- The applications for New Zealand Citizen (Family Relationship) (Temporary) (Class UP) visa must only be made by post to:
- New Zealand Family Relationship Processing Centre, Department of Home Affairs, GPO Box 9984, Sydney NSW 2001 or
- if the applicant is outside Australia at a diplomatic, consular or migration office maintained by or on behalf of the Commonwealth outside Australia.
The Instrument is registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 7 June 2022 and commenced on 10 June 2022. It is currently in force.
To access the instrument, click here.