Migration (Arrangements for subclass 417 visa applications) Instrument (LIN 22/051) 2022 dated 23 June 2022 updates the form, place, and manner of making working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa application, increases the upper age limit for Danish & Italian passports and makes arrangements for applicants whose passports have expired since entering Australia.
- Manner of Application
- An application for a Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa must be made using Form 1150 (Internet) in ImmiAccount as an Internet application.
- However, if the application cannot be made in an above-stated way, the Department must be requested to grant permission to lodge a paper application by email at email@example.com.
After the permission has been granted via written notice by the Department, authorizing the applicant to use paper form 1150, the application must be lodged with the written notice attached and within 7 calendar days after which the written notice was sent.
- Working Holiday Eligible Passports
- Applicants must hold a specific passport issued by the country mentioned in an item of Schedule 1 and satisfy the conditions, or
- Must be in Australia, had held that passport when they entered Australia, satisfied those conditions on entry and the passport must have expired after the applicant entered Australia
- Upper Age Limit for Working Holiday Eligible Passports issued by Denmark or Italy
- The Instrument increases the upper age limit for holders of Danish and Italian passports to 35 years of age for this visa class.
The Instrument repeals Migration (LIN 19/183: Arrangements for Working Holiday Visa Applications) Instrument 2019.
The Instrument was registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 24 June 2022 and commenced on 1 July 2022.
To access the Instrument, click here.