Migration Amendment (Ukraine) Regulations 2022, dated 17 March 2022, amends the Migration Regulations 1994 to provide visa extension by 6 months of certain temporary visas for the passport holders of Ukraine, in Australia.
The instrument implements the Prime Ministers’ announcement made on 23 February 2022, regarding visa extensions for six months for the passports holders of Ukraine and their accompanying family members, as Australia’s response to the Ukraine crisis. The extension applies to temporary visas held by Ukrainians in Australia on 23 February 2022 with a visa in effect on that date and whose visa would otherwise cease before 1 July 2022.
The following visas are eligible for extension:
- Subclass 400 (Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist)) visa.
- Subclass 408 (Temporary Activity) visa.
- Subclass 457 (Temporary Work (Skilled)) visa.
- Subclass 482 (Temporary Skill Shortage) visa.
- Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate) visa.
- Subclass 500 (Student) visa.
- Subclass 600 (Visitor) visa.
The instrument is registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on18 March 2022 and commenced on 22 February 2022. It is currently in force.
To access the instrument, click here.