Compilation of Migration (Class of persons for Visitor (Class FA) visa nil VAC) Instrument (LIN 21/021) 2021 dated 27 February 2021 [“the Compilation”] incorporates the amendments made by Migration (Class of persons for Visitor (Class FA) visa nil VAC) Amendment Instrument (LIN 21/033) 2021 dated 23 April 2021 [“the Instrument”] clarifying the Visitor Visa Subclass 600 applicants to whom nil Visa Application Charge (VAC) is applicable.
The Instrument omits the words “other than in the Frequent Traveller stream” for the purpose of Paragraph 4(c) of the Compilation. Paragraph 4 defines the following class of persons for nil VAC for purpose of subparagraph 1236(2)(a)(iv) of Schedule 1 of the Migration Regulations 1994:
- the applicant is outside Australia at the time of application;
- the application is made between 27 February 2021 and 31 December 2022;
- the applicant was previously granted a Subclass 600 visa, while outside Australia before 21 March 2020;
- that visa expired, or is expiring between 20 March 2020 and 31 December 2021;
- that visa was a multiple entry visa or a single entry visa not used to enter Australia; and
- if the applicant has made an application that is pending decision, after 27 Feb 2021.
The Compilation is registered on the Federal Register of Legislation on 17 May 2021, commenced on 27 February 2021 and is currently in force.
To access the full Compilation, click here.