The Department of Home Affairs’ website provides that at home English language test results, including TOEFL iBT – Special Home Edition, OET@Home and IELTS Indicator, are not acceptable for migration purposes for student visas, skilled visas, and some permanent visas.
Different visas require different level of competencies in English to be eligible to apply. The accepted tests are:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced test