The updated NT DAMA has increased the annual ceiling, enabling employers to fill up to 625 vacant positions every year with overseas workers to address labour market shortages.
The Northern Territory employers now have the access to 124 skilled and semi-skilled occupations in critical skill shortage. The other changes include:
- Enabling Territory employers to access workers over a 5 year period rather than having to re-apply each year
- More flexible permanent resident pathway
- 24 new occupations including some lower-skilled occupations in the agriculture, aquaculture, and meat industries
- More flexibility in skills and work experience requirements for overseas workers
- The higher age threshold for sponsored overseas workers
- Lower English language requirement for trade occupations and,
- The ability for employers to nominate workers under the new 5 year Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Visa subclass 494, with a pathway to permanent residency after living and working in the Territory for 3 years.
To know more, click here.