The Department of Home Affairs had made changes in the eligibility criteria and conditions for a Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa for the applicants affected by travel restrictions in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition, the Department now allows for extra time to provide evidence of English language tests, biometrics collection, and health examinations, where access to the services was disrupted due to Covid-19.
The applicants may attach the relevant booking confirmation on ImmiAccount where an appointment is made more than 28 days into the future.
The key changes in criteria and conditions for a Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 are as follows:
- Graduates can apply for and be granted a Temporary Graduate visa offshore
- Studying online, while outside Australia will meet the Australian Study Requirement for existing and new student visa holders
- Applicants must hold or have held an eligible student visa, other than one supported by the Defence or Foreign Affairs and Trade Minister if applying for offshore
- Flexible timeframes to provide English language test results, biometrics collections, and health checks, only where the services were disrupted due to COVID-19
- Studying online or having an approved course deferral will not amount to a breach of student visa conditions