Finding That Right Person: Programs that Employers Should Know

If you are an employer in Australia, you may already know that finding a good employee for your workplace can be quite difficult. First of all, your job listings and advertisements may go unanswered. Maybe you are in a rural area, or work in a specific industry. For example, there is a shortage of local workers willing to do agricultural industry planting or harvesting and processing vegetables and fruit.

Even when applicants do exist, they may not have the qualifications or the relevant experience for the job. In fact, there’s many things that could go wrong when looking for a skilled worker in Australia.

So what can you do?

The good news is that there is a way to get that right person for your workplace. How about looking outside of Australia? Chances are, you will be able find skilled workers with the right qualifications or experience. There are two visa subclasses that are relevant to in this case:

Employer Nomination Scheme Visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who currently live and work in Australia.

Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (subclass 457) allows a business to employ someone from outside Australia in a skilled job in Australia.

The catch…

Of course, both programs have eligibility requirements which should be taken into account. Also, the Australian Government currently encourages employers to invest in corporate training by using it as a requirement for 457 sponsoring visas. As such, companies wishing to sponsor an employee will have to meet Training Benchmark A or Training Benchmark B.

For more information regarding 457 and 186 visas, or Training Benchmark requirements and procedures – give us a call on 02 4626 1002.

We are always happy to help!


Follow Us:
Share This:

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment

You must be Logged in to post a comment.