Pacific Labour scheme stream is one of the streams available under the Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa (Subclass 403). Under this stream, participants in the Pacific Labour Scheme program can come and live in Australia temporarily to work in the industry or participate in the activity covered by the visa.
Eligibility of this Stream
• Be aged between 21 and 45 years
• Be resident of a specified Pacific Island country
• Be invited by an Australian employer endorsed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) or endorsed by the DFAT to participate in the Pacific Labour Scheme program
• Be sponsored by an approved Temporary Activities sponsor
• Meet health and character requirements
• Have adequate health insurance
• Have genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
• Not have a previous visa cancellation or application refusal
List of Pacific Island Countries
Papua New Guinea
• continue to be employed by your sponsor
• only work in the industry or participate in activity covered by the visa
• not work for yourself, or for anyone other than your sponsor
You can apply for this visa online while you are outside Australia and must be outside Australia at the time of decision of your application by the Department. However, if you are in Australia on Subclass 403 visa, you can apply for another 403 visa from Australia but you must not be in immigration clearance. Further, please know, you are not allowed to bring your dependent family members to Australia on this visa.
Advantages of this Stream
• Stay and work in Australia for up to 3 years
• Travel to and from Australia
If you are looking to migrate to Australia, Contact Us or call us on (02) 4626 100 to speak to one of our Registered Migration Agents in Sydney to discuss your visa options and a complete pathway for your residency.