Training Visa - Trust The Experts
What you need to know
The Training Visa is aimed for workplace-based training to help eligible applicants to:
- Gain registration/ licensing or,
- Enhance the Nominee’s skills or,
- Participate in capacity building overseas
McKkr's can help you become an approved Temporary Activities Sponsor so that you can provide training on the 407 Training Visa. As an approved Sponsor of the former 402 Occupational Trainee Visa (replaced by Training Visa in November 2016) McKkr’s has sponsored hundreds of eligible trainees in different industries.
We have the expertise and knowledge to assist employers in applying for Sponsorship and Nomination with the most effective Training Plan for any occupation in the List of eligible occupations.
Who is the Training Visa for?
- Applicants who have recent qualifications and/or experience intending to take part in workplace-based training to enhance their skills in their current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise
- Applicants who wish to participate in a professional development training programme in Australia
- Students who need to complete an internship as part of their qualification
- Applicants who are looking forward to gaining registration/licencing as part of their occupational requirements
- Temporary Visa holders in Australia may also apply if they need the visa for any of the above-mentioned purposes
Find our more about the Training Visa eligibility requirements.
Sponsorship, Nomination and Visa Application:
- To be eligible to sponsor, the employer must be an organisation lawfully operating in Australia.
- The sponsoring employer must be able to offer at least 30 hours per week on various job-related tasks of the nominated occupation.
- Applicant must have a recent qualification and/or have brief experience in the nominated occupation equivalent to twelve months (full-time) of the last 24 months.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicant must be able to prove functional English language skills. Find out how you can prove functional English skills.